Samstag, 14. Januar 2012

#2: Sort of a statement of purpose (and whales)

So I'm beginning this blog with the intent of pursing a long time interest of mine, The Democratic People's Republic of Korea. My curiosity was born from the puppety mockery of Kim Jong Il in the movie Team America and from this humorous introduction to North Korea, my relationship has only deepened. When I discovered that there would be a daily English version of the paper, I realized that by reading this paper I would have the opportunity to gain real insight into the working of the North Korean state apparatus and maybe learn something about the people. Now I realize that this project deserves something more than just my perusing of news articles for some information and that an analysis of the content and a meditation on the themes and ideas within the paper could shed a new light on not only the problems and shortcomings of the DPRK and its people but also those of the my own nation and people.

Thanks to: http://wwf.panda.org/what_we_do/endangered_species/cetaceans/cetaceans/iwc/

I want to recognize that this is a developing interest for me. I am not a communist scholar, cetologist, or any sort of expert on anything. Somedays I feel like forming cogent sentences and stringing my thoughts together in paragraph form is a difficult task much less putting together details to analyze anything. So I want to encourage anyone who is more knowledgable than myself and wants to criticize or provide any criticism to get in touch because for me sharing information is one of the internet's best selling points.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen